Proven Firewall and Network Security Platform
The Cisco ASA Family of security devices protects corporate networks and data centers of all sizes. It provides users with highly secure access to data and network resources – anytime, anywhere, using any device. Cisco ASA devices represent more than 15 years of proven firewall and network security engineering and leadership, with more than 1 million security appliances deployed throughout the world.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software is the core operating system for the Cisco ASA Family. It delivers enterprise-class firewall capabilities for ASA devices in an array of form factors – standalone appliances, blades, and virtual appliances – for any distributed network environment. ASA Software also integrates with other critical security technologies to deliver comprehensive solutions that meet continuously evolving security needs.
Among its benefits, Cisco ASA Software:
- Offers integrated IPS, VPN, and Unified Communications capabilities
- Helps organizations increase capacity and improve performance through high-performance, multi-site, multi-node clustering
- Delivers high availability for high resiliency applications
- Provides collaboration between physical and virtual devices
- Meets the unique needs of both the network and the data center
- Provides context awareness with Cisco TrustSec security group tags and identity-based firewall technology
- Facilitates dynamic routing and site-to-site VPN on a per-context basis
Cisco ASA software also supports next-generation encryption standards, including the Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms. It also integrates with the Cisco Cloud Web Security solution to provide world-class, web-based threat protection.